Wednesday, September 25, 2013

HOME • VISIT : Doug Johnston + Tomoe Matsuoka

photo courtesy of Doug Johnston & Tomoe Matsuoka

Having written about Doug Johnston and Tomoe Matsuoka's work, and shot their studio in this early Studio Visit, as well as waxing poetic about what they do just in everyday life, I won't say too much about it again in this post. But as sort of magical and interesting as their studio is, their home is a lovely, quieter, airier extension of that. 

I had the pleasure of house sitting for them last October while DH & I were in Brooklyn and they were traveling in Asia. Without any sort of plans on doing this little tour, I woke up in the morning to find nice little shafts of light everywhere in the apartment. What was I to do but start taking pictures? In the end, I had this nice little collection of pictures documenting their home, and tidbits of their life together.

I love how this visit came out. Its a bit more intimate than the others. Just a quiet morning at Doug & Tomoe's house. 



                      
























- See the entire tour on VISITVISIT.US -

No comments:

Post a Comment